Tuesday, August 18, 2015

We NEED One Another


Psalm 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I'm thankful that it is not my idea or your idea but the HolySpirit that keeps us in unity. How can we love one another when we are prone to have so many different opinions? Because if we are the children of God we have the Spirit of Christ bearing witness with one another that we are indeed the children of God. The world puts a stipulation on love..."I'll love you as long as I'm getting what I need from you". But our love as the people of God is unique, this kind of love says "I'll continue to love you no matter how you treat me". It's not always easy, but it is possible in Christ.

1 John 4:11-13 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment