Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Keep Yourselves



Jude v. 21 - Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

As Baptist, verses like these make us scratch our heads. I've spent my entire life watching and listening to believers try to explain away verses like these. After all... Do not most Baptist teach that we are totally depraved and can not do one thing to please God? 

Notice the verse carefully.... "Keep yourselves"... This means that God requires that we see to it that we are careful to study, pray and live our lives in fellowship with Christ and one another. The last part of our verse pinpoints the key to our Spiritual success "The Lord Jesus Christ". 

Jesus puts it this way in John 15:4 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." 

It's way overdue that professing Christians become followers of Christ. It's as if we are all willing to establish our own definition of what being a Christian is, but unwilling to study to truly see what the Word says on the toughest issues. But I say; follow the words of Christ... Make Him head of all that is about you and things will begin to change for the better in your heart and home.

Like the old song goes... I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back... No turning back. The world behind me, the cross before me. No turning back... No turning back. Though none go with me still I will follow, no turning back... No turning back.


No comments:

Post a Comment