Thursday, December 4, 2014

Not I, But Christ

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

As a young boy I remember Dad telling me about my grandmother accepting Christ as her Lord and Saviour. She was about 13 years old and had been drawn by the Spirit before but just didn't feel like she could live up to the Christian standard on her own. 

Early one cold morning as she was in the barn milking the family milk cow, she felt the sweet HolySpirit drawing her unto Himself once more. She laid her head over on the warm belly of that old milk cow as she often did on such cold mornings and began to pray about her fears.

She began to explain to the Lord that she would love to accept Him into her heart but exclaimed nervously... "I can't live the Christian life, I'm sure I'll fell!" The reply she would get at that moment would change her life forever. 

"Junia", the Lord so gently replied... "I know you can't!, but if you let me in, I'll live it for you." And right there while milking that cow my Grandmother was gloriously saved.

My Grandmother Junia was a precious saint of God the rest of her days. And she was right, not her nor anyone else is capable of living a righteous life outside of the influence and guidance of Christ. We must follow His Word and fellowship with Him daily. As the people of God we must all say as Paul did above... "Not I, But Christ".

Christ died that we could be freed from the bondage of sin, and from the most horrible individual to most moral of folks ever born all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, there is none good, no not one and all our righteousness is as filthy rags. That leaves us in a very needy condition, thank God that we have a blessed hope in Jesus Christ. Who died that we might live. Yet not I, but Christ.          -Pastor Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment